Friday, April 8, 2016

Eat My Words

There is loads of gross illness going around our town.  Kids are out of school for a week, fever, chills, strep.  And what did I do last week and the week before?  Boast about how my kids haven't been sick all winter.  Yep, I did this.  Damn it.

So this kid comes home from school this week and gets his two blankets and lays down in the living room and falls the heck to sleep.  WHAT?  Who is this kid?  I thought it was funny.  Until I woke him up and told him to go watch tv and after 2 shows called them up for dinner when he fell apart.  Sobbing and crying about how his day was 'too full'... oh crap...
 So, as you would suspect, he's sick.  And I've never seen him like this before.  He's always been a kid who powers through his colds.  Who doesn't lay around watching tv.  He is simply too tired to argue and too tired to fight... it's been quite lovely actually.
So while he's been falling asleep every day around 4 at random spots in our house (here he is sleeping in our bed...) and he's laying around, in bed, on couches etc, he's obviously feeling sick because he's not arguing with me about much.  Though I think he's starting to feel a little better because he was yelling at Emily at lunchtime...  Poor thing

No comments:

Post a Comment