Thursday, June 26, 2014

Update

Sorry Sorry Sorry.  It's been a while!  Here are some blurbs from me:

  • Today was Nolan's first day of camp.  He was super excited!  And he's super tired.  Win Win!



  • Emily is moving on to a bigger girl cup.  She totally gets the hang of it, understands how to drink without choking but finds it really interesting to pour it out... baby steps.  Speaking of bigger girl, she is starting to give up her morning nap which is great but leaves me in the great unknown about her routine for right now.  we're trying things out. 


  •  We've begun to let Emily sleep with her bunny who we call Hop Hop.  She does seem to love her little soft pals which is so unbelievably darling.  


  •  A few weeks ago we introduced Emily to the splash pad.  I thought she'd totally love it but she didn't really seem crazy about it.  Oh well, Nolan loves it still (I was worried he'd be too old)


  • I found a power wheels truck on the side of the road.  I'm so totally excited about it and the kids push it around the house not knowing that it will work electronically but I can't find a battery or charger that works with the plugs so I'm actually considering re-wiring this badboy.  You know, because I don't have enough on my plate!
  • We had a very successful AmeriCorps Alums CT meeting last night, our first annual meeting and raised some funds to help us on our way to raise $1500 to complete a 100 person volunteer event.  It's amazing to be part of something that people work so hard for- a complete volunteer effort. I'm so proud of the Leadership Board
  • Dave and I have been taking golf lessons and having a sitter come so we can go to the driving range together.  It's a lot of fun to do this with him and I hope we get to a point where we're decent enough to enjoy (notice I didn't say 'go') golfing together.
  • I left the kids with a sitter yesterday they met only once.  I left during their naps and the sitter said Emily didn't cry at all (except when the sitter pinched her finger in the door).  This is a HUGE success to us.
  • In a few weeks Dave and I will have our first night away from the kids together.  I'm so grateful for my friend who is babysitting for them so we can attend an out of state wedding (the kids weren't invited).  What a fun and exciting trip!  I even bought a new dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment