Saturday, December 7, 2013

A Special Morning with Nolan

One of the things that is hardest for me about having two kids is missing out on things.  Nolan and I used to spend our entire week together, just us.  And now we are a threesome during the week and an unbalanced threesome with Emily needing so much still (naps, nursing, eating at different times).  With that comes some really really great times but it also means that I miss one-on-one time with my pal.  I miss our relationship and I miss just focusing on him.  Sometimes Dave and I split up and what that means is that one of us misses out.  Today it was Dave that missed out.  And Nolan and I had a really awesome morning so much it brings tears to my eyes.  
Today he had to get a flu shot so we headed to the doctors office and from there went to the big city (well, it was the wee city of Hartford) to attend Habitat for Humanity's Gingerbread House Decorating Contest to give us inspiration for decorating our gingerbread house.  But we arrived 30 minutes early so we went to a coffee shop and grabbed a hot cocoa.  Look at this kid, in his glory.  
 So we checked out the houses and were given tickets to vote on our favorites (though this concept was lost on him he enjoyed putting tickets into the little boxes on the tables).  Nolan's favorite was obviously the castle.
 While I really liked this red one it was not my favorite.
 This is my favorite (below) notice the necco wafers creating a stone entryway and the stained glass windows on the right side?  The roof is chocolate pieces and the spire is almond slices.  Beautiful.
 As we were leaving we got to decorate (a GIANT) gingerbread man.  We came home and built our house, we'll decorate it tonight.  I can't wait to see how he decorates it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment