Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Corn Pit

We went to Fair Weather Acres again this year for the Fall Festival.  I love this stuff.  It's hokey and great and fun and something to do when the weather is gorgeous- sunny but crisp.  
This year they seemed to have expanded the corn pit.  Behind Nolan in the picture above you can see a little platform and bales of hay under it.  The corn extends through there and onto the other side. Also (and somewhat scary) there is a little maze under the platform so when Nolan went under and didn't come out either side for a few minutes I totally panicked.   
 He seemed to be hesitant at first and then literally dove right in.  It was very dusty but a lot of fun to watch.
Even Dave got in on the action! 
I'm feeling like I'm at a place right now where I am exhausted by trying to do everything but then feeling left out when I can't participate.  So when Nolan and Dave were having a bunch of fun in the corn pit I was feeding Emily with a spoon.  I know this time doesn't last and next year she'll be diving in the corn maze too but Nolan has been my sidekick for the past 3 years and I've been his.  I miss being able to have conversations with him, I miss hugging him without another little body in the way.  This doesn't have anything to do with Emily, she's been fun and delightful the past few weeks, it's just that I miss the time with just my buddy.  I think Dave and I might need to split up and have one-on-one time with the kids sometimes so I can get some really great Nolan time.  I miss that guy and I miss being able to connect with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment