Friday, September 20, 2013

What a week

I'm struggling.  This week really blew the big one, to be honest, except for Sunday at the farm and a surprise visit from a friend in the afternoon, my trip the zoo and drinks with friends on Wednesday it wasn't great.  Let's sum it up:  
I fell down the basement stairs and am still sore and aching.  I got stung by a wasp.  Nolan pushed and kicked two separate children in the span of 10 minutes.  Emily napped about a total of 6 hours (total) and probably cried/screamed about the same amount.  Emily started eating food (cereal and fruits and veggies) in hopes of getting her to stop whining and crying between 545 and 7.  Sofar, unsuccessful but we're still trying.  Today we begin giving her bottles, maybe that will help?  We're even considering giving her back the pacifier.  She's got us completely stumped.
On the plus side, Nolan started school full days this week, last week it was only 1 hour class each day.  He goes Tu/Th from 8:45-11:15 and Wednesday from 9-12.  He is doing great at school and he already seems different, he tells me stories about school, about things that happened and toys he played with.  He seems to play differently- more imaginative and a little more independently.  I'm really pleasantly surprised by this and thrilled to find him working on a floor puzzle this morning, 25 pieces, completed all by himself.  
When Emily does nap, Nolan and I are having a lot more fun which is great- I am getting very good at showering and getting ready in about 15 minutes.  But when she doesn't nap I alternate between feeling helpless and annoyed because she's exhausted and needs to sleep and I can't get her to nap and she just screams.  I installed one (will try for the other today) blackout shade in her room.  Maybe that will help?  Along with the bottle and food, hopefully we'll start to see some changes soon.  If she were really happy most of the day I wouldn't care but she doesn't seem happy either, she seems tired and cranky so it seems she does need a nap.  She does sleep like a champ at nighttime- 7:30-6:30 most days.  I'm grateful for that but we really need her to nap between 10am and 7:30pm- that is TOO long for a baby to go without sleep.  This week she's gone most days without even a catnap between those times.  Needless to say she's miserable in the afternoon and evenings.  

We have a very hot date planned tonight.  I hope today is great!  The sitter is coming at 7:30 so that's  a long day and week for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment