Thursday, August 1, 2013

Some days good...

Some days are good.  Some days are not.  I guess that's where we are.  A few days ago I actually used the word 'easy' to describe Emily.  HA!  Who would have thought?  Perhaps that was just from my high of sleeping through the night for 3 days straight.  But we are back to middle of the night wake ups - those days seem to be harder.  I'm not sure if it's HER who is more needy or me who has less patience but she does seem to function better when she sleeps from 9-6.  We need to get back to that.  It was awesome.  Dave and I already started planning our life again.  But now we're back to nighttime wakeups with difficulty getting her back to sleep.  So my day started at 4:15 today.  And I got about 20 minutes of sleep between then and 630 when we decided Emily needs her first feeding of the day to get on track for our day.  

It's a balancing act, really, with the two of them.  Since she doesn't eat well in public, without the pillow and with a cover over her, I try to only feed her at home.  So I feed her at 6:30am, 10am (before we head out for the day), 1pm (immediately after Nolan goes into his room for a nap), 3:45-4pm right before we head out for the afternoon and before Nolan comes out of his room from nap, and then we push it as LATE as we can- 8 or even 8:30 to ensure she's HUNGRY and tired.  When it works, it's not bad.  However when she has days like yesterday when she didn't want to eat between 7:00am and 12:30 (even when I offered at 10 and 11:30am) and I had to force her on at 12:30, those days are awful.  Lots of screaming and crying, at least between the two of us.

So here's to hoping for better days and nights.  I keep telling her if she just naturally gets better at sleeping I'll protect her from another attempt at sleep training.  But I'm not sure if she's picking up what I'm putting down.

No comments:

Post a Comment