Wednesday, May 22, 2013

On A Roll

Today was one of the first days Emily laid on a blanket and hung out.  She was content but I just couldn't get her to sleep so I figured maybe she wasn't tired.  So I laid her on the mat.  Big Boy decided to do it too.  
Then I put her on her tummy.  She hung out on her tummy for 30 seconds or so and then rolled over.  I was surprised so I rolled her back over onto her tummy and she worked at it to roll over again!  I couldn't believe it.  (check back on friday for the video!).  So I grabbed the camera and recorded the third time she rolled.  I am so surprised, I have no idea if this was a fluke or if it's the time they should be rolling over but it's very exciting.  And even more exciting that she tolerated about 10 minutes of mat time before wailing and after some work (Swaddling, shushing, sucking and bouncing) she fell asleep. 
 Check out this photo below.  Don't mind my arm in it but Nolan took this picture of Emily smiling at me.  She was a happy little doll today- perhaps her gas issues are resolving themselves?  or maybe I spoke too soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment