Monday, April 29, 2013

First Day of the Rest of My Life

Today is the first day of the rest of my life.  My first day home, out-numbered.  I'm scared.  And Dave has been amazing.  While I'm glowing with pride for keeping Emily fed and sleeping AND putting together the double stroller, this guy really can be proud of all he's accomplished these past few weeks.  First, he took care of Nolan, got him out of the house, bought groceries, brought him to swimming class, helped create all sorts of normalcy that Nolan knows and expects.  Not only did he handle Nolan perfectly, he also stained the deck, took out all the deck stuff (table, chairs etc).  He fertilized the yard, bought a new mower, mowed the lawn, weed whacked, taught Nolan how to play tennis, did about 15 loads of laundry, carried endless number of items up and down stairs for me and gave me a number of opportunities to nap.  All while handling a 3 year old and a newborn. He's really amazing and I'm so lucky.  SO SO lucky.  

No comments:

Post a Comment