Thursday, July 19, 2012

When did this happen?

One of the things I really got to enjoy on vacation was looking around.  Sometimes I get so busy that I don't lift my head to see what's going on around me.  So while Dave and Nolan were frolicking in the waves I people watched, one of my favorite things to do.  It occurred to me that in my everyday life I'm not one to stop and look around.
 A few days ago I was at our town pool (kiddie pool is only 12 inches deep) and I turned around to put something in the bag.  When I turned back around I couldn't find Nolan.  Turns out he was that big white-haired kid who looked too big to be playing in the kiddie pool.  When did that happen?
 It seems like just yesterday this was my baby- this bald chubby drooly baby.  Not any more.  
 Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.  (well said, Ferris)

No comments:

Post a Comment