Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

This weekend was awesome.  It actually felt like a LONG weekend.  It was awesome.  On Friday we chilled in the yard watching Nolan drill the ball with his bat (see previous blog post).  On Saturday we got tons of stuff done.  On Sunday, AHHHH happened.  Dave and Nolan went on a day trip and left me home from 10am to 10pm.  And after a Saturday of getting so much stuff done Sunday was a day to sit and relax.  OH man, was it awesome.
The thing I was most amazed by was that the house was clean and straightened up in the morning and STAYED THAT WAY all day.  Amazing.   I was also thrilled with being able to eat dinner whenever I felt like it.  I hemmed and hawwed about if I'd order takeout (sushi) or make something.  I opted for the above.  Chicken, Garlic, Basil, Spinach White Pizza.  This was REALLY delicious.  Served with a bottle (yes) of prosecco and it ended a really super day of shooting the breeze with a girlfriend on the deck for an hour or so, reading in the hammock and just relaxing.
 The next day we had some friends over from brunch which was wonderful, the food was easy and the meal felt full.  It was so nice to catch up with friends.  I made pink grapefruit sorbet but the first batch didn't work out so well, I think the can wasn't cold enough but it just tasted like sweet frozen ice.  So Monday afternoon I blended it up with some rum to make a nice tropically drink.  YUM!
And check out these babies!  Just a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment