Thursday, March 22, 2012

Hard Days Work

When Nolan saw our neighbor turning is soil preparing it for dozens of tomato plants he grabbed his shovel and offered to help.  
He watched Joe do the work and then did some of his own.  He WAS successful at getting some on the shovel and moving it. 
 I went back and forth worrying that Nolan was slowing Joe down and thinking Joe really appreciated spending some time with Nolan, adoring him like I do.  Joe's had a tough year.
 I'm sure we'll see more and more of Joe as the weather warms up.  It's my favorite part of the warm weather, everyone starts coming out of their homes and we all catch up on the past 6 months or so.
Nolan was not interested in touching the fat wiggling worms Joe turned up but continued to tell me to touch them "Mommy Touch Worm".  After one frantically wiggled out of my hand I was done touching them.

oh- and two hours logged into gardening this summer and I have my first bout of poison ivy.  Will it never end?  

No comments:

Post a Comment