Thursday, January 12, 2012

On The Verge

I feel really proud of the way I've been dealing with this quarter close.  You see, four times a year Dave works late hours which means I work late hours.  So instead of counting the clock until 6:00 when Dave should be home, these 2-3 weeks I count the clock until either a) 5:45 rolls around which is my designated time it's ok to watch tv; b) 6:30 rolls around which means I rush around the kitchen preparing dinner for Nolan and myself; or c) 7:00 rolls around which is the time bedtime begins.  

So back to me... this quarter close I think I've done a good job. I scaled back dinners so I can eat with Nolan and still give him the 'family meal' experience.  I've also scaled back my expectations of how these days will go.  I've utilized any help and play date offers that came my way or that I forced on others, I think I handled this quarter really well.  (by the way, this picture is Nolan just waking up, notice his legs are up in the air against the bed rails- so cute)
 So all was going well and I was feeling super about this quarter until Monday night when I tweaked/hurt my back/shoulder while pulling up the blanket in bed.  Yeah, it sucks.  So I have been walking around with a stiff and now crooked back for a few days.  My neck is so tired from holding up my heavy head.  I've trained Nolan to climb into the carseat and I've changed his diaper on the floor (since I can barely look up, the floor is a much better spot) which makes for having to pick him up only about 5 times a day.  I've been sleeping terribly because every time I move in bed I wake up in pain and I smell like Icy Hot.
Today I woke up with a tickle in my throat.  One of those tickles that feels like a cold coming on.  And that coupled with being tired and in pain and the fact that a baby (not mine) took a significant fall and was wailing nearly sent me off the ledge.  I feel like I'm on the verge of losing it.  Only a few more days of this.  I can't wait until Dave gets home Friday night whatever time that may be because that's hopefully the end of it.  At the very least he will be home Saturday and Sunday.  Saturday I have a massage scheduled and it couldn't be better timed.  And I really could use a break, some comfort to my sore back and a good cry.  

No comments:

Post a Comment