Tuesday, January 24, 2012

After the Snow

 We played outside in the snow for about 30 minutes.  It was still snowing, sort of, so when it hit your face it was cold.  Nolan occasionally complained about his hands being cold- his min-mins (mittens) are not waterproof.  
 But when our neighbor started using their snow blowers, Nolan would not be stopped.  We walked down the road to watch him use the snow blower, all the while saying 'snow blower'.  My take on it is that a snow blower is merely a wintertime lawn mower, so of course he'd be really interested in it.
Once inside we undressed.  But Nolan didn't want to take off his boots which meant his snow pants were staying on for a little longer too.  And since his hands were so cold, he just tucked them in.
 Sometimes he just cracks us up.  As I'm trying to lighten up with Nolan's eating I wondered what age was appropriate for hot cocoa?  So in spirit of the snow and my attempts to be more free spirited about what he's eating I made him a small cup of tepid chocolate with 2 marshmallows.  
He wasn't interested in it.  At all.  In fact he poured the luke warm cocoa into the mug I made it in and crushed the cup.  I guess he wasn't ready.  Either that or the hot cocoa wasn't to his liking.  I prefer mine really chocolaty with 3 marshmallows.

No comments:

Post a Comment