Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Tantrum

In addition to all the really fun and wonderful things Nolan is experiencing, also are some not so flattering things.  Of course parenting comes with ups and downs as does life.  Some things are wonderful and glowing and other things are those we sweep under the rug.  I'd LOVE to sweep the tantrums under the rug.  Or give into them- that'd be much easier than standing my ground to a 1.5 year old.  But I know in the long run it's better to stand my ground and teach him that he can't always get what he wants.  Take for example these photos.  This was simply because I wouldn't let him look at the camera after I took a single (poor) photo of him.  Stay tuned for the video I shot after these photos were taken.   Yes, when our Love has a tantrum we generally stand and watch, sometimes laughing, sometimes shaking our heads and yes, sometimes recording it.  I mean, come on, I had the camera in my hand anyway!

Clearly these faces do not seem to look authentic.  I mean, come on, some of these look truly pathetic.  But you'll see on Video Friday no matter how absurd he looks he still carries on.  I think he ultimately forgot what he was so upset about after all the carrying on but let's be honest, folks, we as adults do that all the time, don't we?

No comments:

Post a Comment