Thursday, April 14, 2011

Let Him Explore



After reading this article about how children learn I've been really trying to let Nolan explore his toys and play with them how he wants to play with them. He sure has been thinking out of the box.


Like with this chair- he's been flipping it over and trying to balance on the bottom of the chair.



With this pop-push toy, he's been trying to figure out how to tuck it under his chin and push with his chin.


And the music table- how he can bounce on it and ride it like the horsey at the playground. He sure has been exploring these toys in a way that I would not have imagined. I have already been proved wrong when he tried to put a block down the car ramp and I started to tell him it wouldn't work. It worked. It's not typical, but the block rolled down the ramp just like the cars do. Maybe I can learn something from him!

No comments:

Post a Comment