Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Back to the Grind

Dave and Nolan had a great weekend together! They practiced walking, met their new cousin AJ and just had fun. I admit that when Nolan had a little separation anxiety this morning when Dave went to work I felt a pang of jealousy. But heck, those boys are two little peas in a pod. They have so much fun together!



The weekend was really great, minus the trip to CVS in Austin to get some drugs for strep throat and losing my voice (completely) it was an awesome weekend. The wedding was truly amazing, the bride was stunning in her mom's dress, altered to modernize (remove sleeves) and the reception and get away car were what I consider perfectly Southern. The reception was at a restaurant that looked like an old house with a wrap around porch and big old trees with sweeping branches which housed two peacocks who captivated all the children and many of the adults. The get away car is an old (but in beautiful condition) vanilla colored Cadilliac which was tastefully decorated in 'Just Married' motif. Just a really beautiful weekend.



In my free time I spent much of it laying in bed reading or attempting to socialize. It felt absurd to be in Austin spending the days laying in bed but it felt so good. On Sunday I busted out and walked a few miles around town. What an amazing city! I really loved it!



It's nice to be back living (I hope) nap to nap. Dave said Nolan napped really well while I was gone. Of course my first nap back at work and the kid is not yet asleep and singing away in his crib.

No comments:

Post a Comment