Friday, February 25, 2011

Live Update from Man Weekend 2011

As you may have heard, Colleen is off to Texas for a wedding this weekend. This, of course, leaves both this blog and our son in my capable hands.

I guess I should say from the start that I do not at all underestimate the difficulty of caring for Nolan on a daily basis. I try to pull my weight before/after work and on the weekends. Even though I'm not truly alone during most of those times, it can still be exhausting. So while I think I know what I'm in for, I will surely learn little things that Colleen deals with every day (like how hard it is to get out of the house on time without feeling like you've forgetten all kinds of essential items).

I should also say that Colleen does an amazing job with our little boy. As you can probably tell from all of the pictures, videos, and anecdotes on this blog, we have one happy, healthy, smart, all-around good baby. Colleen deserves the credit for this, as she takes her job very seriously and gives Nolan her best every day.

Anyhow, Day One of Man Weekend went really well. Nolan napped like a champ this morning, showed off his walking at Library Class, and was a trooper for our road trip to Massachusetts to visit baby AJ. He also got to hang around with Nana, Grampa, Auntie Barbara, and Uncle Fred where he did even more walking and impressed everyone with his ball-passing skills.

Now we are home and tired. Colleen showed me how to load pictures and videos so I'll try to do a bit of that with tomorrow's update.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're having a great weekend so far - enjoy Man Weekend 2011!

    ReplyDelete