Thursday, December 30, 2010

The Ups and Downs

There are so many ups and downs of parenting. It is perfect that they often come at the same time. It's almost as though the universe is forcing a balance of them.



So the UP is that Nolan has really begun to 'play'. He can sit with one of his new toys and push buttons or open and close it which will entertain him for a few minutes at a time. Yes, a few minutes. You have no idea what joy this is. He is constantly going and going so for him to sit and play for a few minutes is really exciting.
The DOWN is his eating. He is sort of eating finger foods. When he is into the finger foods he rejects the food on a spoon. But sometimes he rejects the finger foods and wants pureed something. And it is frustrating for him and for me. He's wailing in his chair and I'm grabbing the blender to puree what he's eating. Today resulted in tears, for both of us. So after making a deal with him- every meal there will be something pureed and something solid/finger food, I'm praying he'll go to sleep, though I'm not holding my breath.
Nolan is a lot of fun lately and I find myself really enjoying my time with him. He's also very frustrating and I need to remind myself that it is what it is. And it won't harm him if he skips a few meals because he doesn't want to eat what I've got for him.

1 comment:

  1. happy new year! you have a beautiful son =)
    hope you have a great year ahead.

    ReplyDelete