Thursday, November 11, 2010

What to do next

With the weather getting cooler and the prospects of walks and playground visits close for the year teamed with the Autumn classes Nolan was signed up for coming to an end I need to find more stuff for us to do.

I try to take my job as Mom seriously. It's important for Nolan to have a range of activities he does- whether it's playing at home or interacting with other kids, it is important for him to have those experiences. I don't use the week to do chores or run errands. I rarely sit with him and do something else while he is playing. My job, during the week during the day, is to be his Mom. To teach him things and to allow him to experience things. Although I also don't want to enroll Nolan in a slew of activities and burn he (and me) out having some regularly scheduled activities would be helpful.
So, Borders and Barnes and Noble both have storytimes during the week. That's nice- Nolan really enjoys books and we encourage reading so I like that idea. Luckly there is a BN about 5 minutes from our house. I guess my biggest task will be to go in and out of BN without spending money... there is a Starbucks inside. I've met some great people with babies Nolan's age who are interested in doing things too which is nice. But figuring out a new curriculum for him is a challenge. And playing in the house is fun but not all day. If anyone has any ideas, please share!

Otherwise we can always play with the computer camera like we did yesterday after Skyping with my parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment