Sunday, September 19, 2010

Electronic Genius

I am an electronic genius. Well, actually, I am not. I can't figure most electronic things out BUT I was given an IPOD TOUCH for my birthday and I was so excited... except my itunes was totally screwed up, we didn't have wireless Internet and I have no idea how to find or download 'apps'. Oh boy, will I ever get to 'play' with my new toy?

So this weekend I did a lot of computer maintenance and I AM A GENIUS! I fixed my itunes (which meant to copy all my cds again). I bought a wireless router AND installed it. While I was at BestBuy getting the router I got some free advice and tips from Nicole, a bestbuy employee. She was awesome and helped me figure out how to make the ipod work. (Example, I know I downloaded facebook to the ipod touch but couldn't FIND it on the ipod touch). I downloaded some apps, downloaded a tv show, got some silly games to play and (this is a big one) put my calendar on the ipod. So this might mean bye-bye dayplanner. (this makes me a little sad but I need to move to the new era). I thought about downloading skype but then realized the ipod touch doesn't have a camera... still learning...

This is one of those things I could not have done without a really amazing husband to handle Nolan most of the weekend so I could tackle this project. Oh, and while I was at it, I also saved some photos (oh, about 1000) to discs and deleted from our hard drive. This was also an interesting and not as easy as I expected it to be. But I figured it out.

I know some of you will laugh at how this sounds. But truly, after this weekend, I feel like I took leaps and bounds into a whole new world. So if anyone knows any really cool Apps, please send me an email.

No comments:

Post a Comment