Monday, May 10, 2010

Two Month Stats

Almost every morning Dave and I stare in amazement at the must-larger baby than the one we put to bed the night before. It's like he is growing before our eyes. So today we went to the pediatrician. He is 12 lb, 6 oz and is 24.75 inches in length. He is in the 95% for height. And while it might be hard to imagine, I come from a very tall family, as does Dave. He is such a big boy, it's hard to believe he's only 2 months old. Doctor also commented on his strong neck (ok, I'm going to brag for a moment) and referenced it to that of a 4 month old. What a strong baby. Although sometimes his neck feels strong... other times it's very noodle-y. But today he must have been putting on a show.

When it came time for the doctor to check his development I mentioned that he sometimes mimics us. She stared at me for a second and then asked how. I tried to get him to reply to my WOO sound or my raspberry sounds but he wouldn't- of course. Then she goes on to tell me that repeating is a very advanced cognitive action and that at two months he wouldn't be doing that- that it is more behavior we'll see at 9 months or so. Hello!? He is a very advanced baby! Ok Ok, so I guess I should stop saying he repeats what I say.

He also got his first of many shots today. And I have to say, he was a champ. He cried a little (I nearly did too) and then settled right down. I nursed him right in the room- I heard that was a good way to help him calm down- and he dozed right off. Seriously, look at this big boy!

1 comment:

  1. OMG, that is the CUTEST thing I have ever seen! Those cheeks! I am squeeling in front of my computer right now ;-)

    ReplyDelete