Sunday, May 9, 2010

My First Mother's Day

I had the most perfect day I could have possibly imagined. This morning my family and I woke up in a hotel room after a really wonderful birthday celebration for Nana and Great Auntie Barbara.
Dave, Nolan and I snuggled in the giant king sized bed for several hours, laughing, singing and playing.
After some great family time we got ready for a delicious brunch at Mesa, a restaurant in Woburn MA. The food was delicious, there were lots of families there, Nolan was perfectly behaved (read: slept) and I must admit, I was very weepy.

Spending Mother's Day with my new family meant the world to me. I love my first Mother's Day card, signed by Dave and Nolan (Dave said Nolan didn't want to give the pen back). I love my first Mother's Day present - notice my necklace below. I didn't realize how much celebrating this day would mean to me but the feelings I get when I remember I am a Mom are ones of wonder and amazement. I absolutely love being a Mom. I had no idea how wonderful of a feeling it would be.

Thank you for all of my Mother's Day wishes! I am so lucky.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a great Mother's Day! Gosh, he's getting so big already!

    ReplyDelete