Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Homework

Our visit to the doctor was very interesting. We were able to ask the silly parent questions like 'when can we start using lotion?' We were given a handout that was only 4 pages however held a ton of information about what Nolan should be doing about now. I know it's just a guide and not something to set goals to but it's exciting.

One of the items on the list is that he should be sleeping longer and at 3 months start skipping the 2 am feeding. WELL, I must say that sounds like a lovely idea. I'm not sure if I am supposed to DO anything to make that happen, but if it does happen, that would be very fun.

Another is the introduction to solid food beginning around 4 months. I have to admit, this is very exciting to me. And I have absolutely no idea why. I don't mind nursing. Nolan is thriving, it's exhausting but a very special time for us. But feeding him food somehow makes him more of a little person. I look at the 'with food' schedule outlined on this paper and it is really thrilling. It is suggested that he will someday eat 4 times a day. Isn't that exciting. (he eats about 6 times a day now) and when he is eating those 4 times a day he will also be sleeping through the night. Such exciting times ahead.

oh, and PS, we could have been using lotion this whole time...

1 comment: