Thursday, May 27, 2010

Sleeping

It seems like the hot topic of most parents is sleep. Is the baby sleeping through the night, what the napping schedules look like, if a parent is flexible with sleep or rigid with the routine, what time does bedtime start, what are the routines, swaddling or not swaddled etc. I am struggling with what kind of mom I want to be... is it best to have a firm routine or better to have loose one?


I am leaning toward a firm routine- beginning around 4 months. I didn't want to be the mom who declines plans due to the baby's schedule. I didn't want to be the mom who whispers when the baby is asleep but seeing what a difference good sleep makes, I totally get it. My life is no longer about what I want, but what is best for our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment