Sunday, March 21, 2010

Internal debate...

Disclaimer: this might be gross and inappropriate to talk about. If you are squeemish or just think poop and pee-pee talk is disgusting, click away from the page immediately.

Yesterday we had a lovely day, filled with stuff getting done, visits from friends and a plan to go to BJs and take a walk. At times we were even sitting around waiting for Prince Nolan to awake from his slumber so we could take on the next task. Since I'm nursing, and still getting a handle on things, I don't want to be 'out' and have to nurse quite yet.

I suggest to Dave he hit up the grocery store just to get that task completed. Just as he leaves, Prince Nolan wakes up screaming. I check is drawers and he's got some poop but the diaper indicator does not indicate he has yet peed. Strange since his pee comes more frequently than poo. Anyway, so I start to clean him up, holding is feet up high and wiping his little bum when suddenly his bum starts to seep bright orange lava... (that's the color of his poo). Yes, he's pooing while I'm wiping! I cry out 'Oh no' and start to wipe but the lava is getting everywhere, on his clothes, on the little outfit, on the changing pad. I'm laughing and telling him to hold on when suddenly a spray starts on his shirt and all over the wall next to the changing table. He's peeing on himself. And the wall! So I cover him with his poopy diaper b/c that's the closest thing to stop him from peeing all over the place. Then I grab a new diaper and place it on his nether-regions. I don't even know what to do next! When suddenly his entire shirt is soaking wet! So I grab the diaper to peek and his pee sprays longer all over his FACE. Oh god, I'm laughing hysterically now, he's screaming bloody murder and we've got a serious mess on our hands.

Needless to say we got it all taken care of and took a tub bath for the first time as a result. What a mess. Poor little guy. I suppose that doesn't really count for me getting peed on, since it was little Nolan taking all the abuse. But my word, it was funny.
ps- so this is what it's come to: blogs about pee and poop. Sorry, that's what my life is all about right now... Pee, Poop and boobs.

1 comment:

  1. I've had the same exact experience more than once over the past month and a half, except it usually happens when I'm overtired so I'm crying instead of laughing. One time he pooped with such force we had to replace the box of diaper wipes because it was covered in that orangy goodness. I feel better knowing I'm not the only one going through it.

    ReplyDelete