Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Getting Ready...

It's an exciting time in our house. Today is January 5th. What that means is I am due in two months. AND February is a short month. That's crazy.

This year I was very excited to get our Christmas stuff put away and over with. I think because I am so excited about the baby being the next big event in our life. And to prepare for that, we have a long list of minor stuff to do. And already so much is done!

Dave painted the ceiling in the baby's room (please note the reference to where the baby will sleep, not where our guests will sleep... even though it's the same room for now). Dave painted the basement, which is practically finished, new photos to come shortly. The carpet isn't installed yet and we need to have a minor additional piece of 'work' done in the basement but otherwise, for all intents and purposes, it's done and looks great! And the light fixtures (that we bought about 3 months ago) were installed today! Along with a dimmer in the baby's room. We rearranged the living room and the baby's room (the guest bed will remain in the room but we needed to make room for the crib too...). I am hoping to pick up the crib this weekend.

So now that much of the house stuff is done, I've begun to prepare for the baby's arrival
mentally. What that really means is I have been reading. A lot. There is no limit to the amount of books you can read on how to take care of a baby. I'm reading The Happiest Baby on the Block which talks a lot of swaddling. Our friend Jenna loaned us some swaddleme blankets which make the art of swaddling easier and less freeing, kind of like a little velcro straight jacket. So I had to try it out, especially after reading this book which seems to make a lot of sense and is wonderfully easy to read. Here is my attempt at swaddling... they look happy in there, don't they?

1 comment: