Thursday, November 12, 2009

whoosh whoosh whoosh


Today is one of those days that I will remember for a long time. I am officially heavier than I ever have been. (My last doctors appointment was the heaviest I've ever weighed myself, but it's possible that I weighed more than that at one point but didn't get on a scale.) But today, at the doctors office, getting on that scale and watching the little slider thing continue moving higher and higher I caught a giggle in my throat. Wow, I am heavier than I've ever been. And it shows! The belly is there. Strangers notice it now. It's funny. (thank goodness it's a baby!)

My favorite parts of the doctor appointment are possibly seeing the advice nurse, Shelly (who gave me the H1N1 shot today) and hearing the heartbeat. Shelly is awesome and has helped me through many panic attacks and the heartbeat sounds funny. Dave and I try to make the noise often because it's not like you would think. It's like whoosh, whoosh, except at about 140 times per minute. So today when the doctor found the whoosh whoosh, she listened for longer than I could contain and I started to giggle. Well, she had to stop listening because my giggles interrupted the whoosh whoosh sound. She began again and I giggled again. She tried a few more times and I could not figure out why I couldn't stop giggling. I guess normally by that point the doctor has already flown out of the room and Dave and I do our little heartbeat dance and giggle celebrating this itty bitty life.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you include this entry into a baby book/box.

    ReplyDelete