Tuesday, November 24, 2009

It's a new day

I feel oh-so-much-better today. I slept well, I woke up with no heartburn, I went to the gym. Whew! I feel good. The lesson I learned is to eat smaller portions and not to force myself to eat when I don’t feel like it. Last night was one of the first nights during this whole ordeal (being pregnant) that I didn’t eat our planned dinner. I just really couldn’t. I was just beginning to feel better. I had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

It’s funny because at our house we don’t typically have extra food around. We’re planners. On Sunday we plan out our meals and buy what we need to eat for the week- generally not much more. But there was some left over bread from Dave’s lunch last week and we do have PB and J hanging around. I just hope that my skipping dinner last night doesn’t mean we end up throwing food out. That would not be good either.

We have a big eating week up ahead. I need to keep my focus and eat only what feels right, not to overindulge and to keep my portions small and healthy. Those are the keys to happiness. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment