Wednesday, November 18, 2009

changes



There are lots of small (or big, depending on how you look at it) changes going on lately. I was wearing my favorite pair of maternity pants yesterday when I realized they were uncomfortable- a little tight around the belly. They are underbelly pants, which mean there is a big elastic waistband that runs under the belly. But goodness, it was digging in yesterday so it might be time to retire those. Then this morning when I was dressing for the gym (yes, I still go SOME days), I had a difficult time finding an appropriate length shirt. So I had to borrow one of Dave’s smaller ones. So the belly is growing.

Baby has been very active lately. Mostly during the day but a few nights I woke up to feel it bouncing around in there. I can definitely feel different mounds, some days on one side and some days on the other. I’m not sure if that’s its head or rump. And Dave can feel it and see it. How cool is that?

We bought some baby stuff this weekend. We bought a glider and a dresser. It’s very exciting to get this stuff, not only to cross it off the ‘to do’ list but it feels so much more real to have a glider in our living room. Or to sit in the chair and pretend. It’s awfully comfortable. We got a super deal on it. And we bought a set of books and a toy/game. I’m not sure how these retailers know we are having a baby but we got a great catalog from Lillian Vernon called Lilly’s Kids or something like that. The stuff in there is really cute and fun.

I’m super excited for my Mom’s visit. She arrives on Thursday. I have so many mom-type questions I haven’t been able to ask. Questions about labor pains, what kind of baby I was, how was delivering me (I think I was induced) etc. I’m super excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment