Saturday, October 24, 2009

Emotional Wreck

Lately my emotions have been ALL over the place. I don't think I have as wide a range of emotions lately- I haven't been really pissed off/swearing and I haven't been jumping around and laughing hysterically. But I have had quick brief mood swings that make me feel crazy causing me to ask- why? The hardest part is the quick snaps at people I love, for something I forget only minutes later. It makes no sense, but I can't seem to stop it. And the tears, oh my.

I admit, not-pregnant I am certainly a mushball. Hallmark commercials can make me weepy before the end of the commercial. But lately I am crying for everything. I'm not sure if it just means the world has some rough things happening to it, but life has been hard. The latest tragedy to hit Connecticut is the stabbing/death of a UCONN football player, on campus, last weekend. It is absolutely horrible and EVERY time there is some piece of news about this awful tragedy (and that's a lot around here) I turn into a pile of weeping mush, unable to make those darn tears stop.

And it doesn't stop at this tear-worthy news story. No, it's the mommy-dog and her puppies on Animal Cops that were neglected. It's the insurance company commercials about people doing the right things for the benefits of others (the one where the lady gives the piano her father gave her to a school that needed it). It's the little things and the big things, happy and sad. And I can't put a finger on exactly what, but sometimes I just mush up and cry for absolutely no reason. Then I work hard to come up with a reason so I don't look crazy.

Women seem to be sympathetic, they think to themselves 'it's the hormones'. Dave seems understanding yet slightly afraid. I wonder if I'll be like this for the next 18 weeks (I'm really hoping that's not the case). I'm going to blame the sleepiness- I think need a nap.

1 comment:

  1. Oh honey I am sending you a pregnant understanding hug.

    KB

    ReplyDelete