Friday, September 11, 2009

An upgrade...

So, I traded in my beloved car, Peter:


the 2000 Dodge Neon, the car I bought this very day, 6 years ago, the day I got my acceptance letter to work for my current employer. The day, in my opinion, I officially became a Connecticut citizen. I moved from San Francisco with an absurd amount of debt, no job, no car and some hopes of beginning my suburban life. That car had been through some rough times with me, has been smashed up two times keeping me safe and sound and never gave me any problems. It was a big part of my life and while it is not a popular or sexy car, I really loved that car.

But, times they are a changin' and with those changing times, an automobile upgrade was in order. Dave and I have both talked about how our cars are probably two of the least sexy cars out there. Neither had power locks or windows, Dave's doesn't even have a cassette, let alone a CD player and together our cars probably weighed about 1000 pounds (not really, but come on, his car is made out of plastic!) Ok, back to the (ahem, I mean MY) new car.

So I picked up this car, currently unnamed, yesterday, after crying at the dealership for my loss of Peter, and the people at the dealership wondering what the hell was wrong with me, I mean, come on, look at the upgrade, but there is a special place in my heart for Peter. But looking forward... ok, here is my new, perky, car:

And, the profile view:


This has some of the features I was interested in paying for (remote engine starter) and some I wasn't willing to pay for but the deal was too good to be true (backup warning indicators). It has power locks and windows, a GIANT sunroof, all wheel drive, seat warmers and the little buttons on the steering wheel to change the radio volume and channels (how cool!).

This feels like a very safe car and it drives really nice and looks grown up. Now why do I feel so guilty for leaving poor Peter alone with those people, forever?! I hope he goes to a good home where someone loves him at least half as much as I did.

2 comments:

  1. Nice Car Colleen, poor peter, may he rest in peace. LOL

    ReplyDelete