Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Big News

So, the big news is: I’m having a baby! I can’t keep it a secret any longer! I’m 16.5 weeks and starting to feel (and apparently look as my well-intentioned neighbor pointed out) bigger. No need to do the math, kids, I’m due March 5th and we will not learn the gender of the baby on purpose. It’s crazy to think about the fact that I am growing a person. What is really fun about this time in my life is that I have some dear friends who are also pregnant with due dates close to mine which makes me feel more able to ask strange questions or blab on and on about things a non-pregnant person might not really care (or want to) hear about. I met up with a friend at a pre-natal yoga class last week. I asked that friend about the pain in my bum (seemingly not where the average bum pain exists in pregnant people).

Dave has been fantastic through these first few months, dealing first with my panic attacks when I wonder if the baby is ok and then/now my random questions such as if we’ll ever vacation again as well as adding some lovely loud laughter when, perhaps, a spot of chocolate makes its way onto the maternity pants. Similar laughter when a pizza box made a spot on my maternity pants. I love those loud laughs, even if it is at my expense.

So that’s the big news. I probably won’t post any bare belly picture, and was going to today except the photos are awful. It is not cute and baby-like, but instead like I’m packing on the lbs. But the doctors assure me there is a baby in there.

3 comments:

  1. YEAH!!!!! So excited!!!! Can't wait to meet the little one. =)

    KB

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been catching up on my blog readings, and as I opened up Google Reader this morning and clicked on your blog... my eyes went straight to this post. OH MY GOODNESS, YOU'RE HAVING A BABY!!! Congratulations, Colleen! That is such wonderful, exciting news and I am so so happy for you and Dave. Also, I can't believe Jenn didn't tell me! Your book club will soon have another adorable mascot. :)

    ReplyDelete