Saturday, July 25, 2009

This week did not disappoint

This week did not disappoint. The eating was great. But oh boy I ate too much of it. Yesterday I was angry with myself and had to force down my Margarita Shrimp Tacos. They were delicious but I was stuffed from a week of yumminess.

Thursday, for our monthaversary, we went to a Greek restaurant called Cavos located at 2414 Berlin Turnpike in Newington. I won't do a full review of it today but maybe some other time. It recently got written up in the Hartford Courant which they said has brought in a lot of new clients. Good for them. The food was fair. My dish (the Gyro platter) was absolutely delicious actually. It came with steaming hot (i'm not kidding, I burned my mouth on it) rice, Tzatiki sauce, pita triangles and the gyro meat. It was really great. Dave ordered a shrimp, feta, dill and tomato plate over pasta. It was ok. For the first time in a long time, my dish was better than his. YAY ME! We also ordered, to appetize, the Skordalia dish. it was potato and garlic. I was surprised this was served chilled but the garlic flavor was just a bit too strong to really enjoy the dip. Next time we'll order the baked feta dip. I would give this place 2 stars. it wasn't bad. The rice, once it cooled down was good and the gyro meat was spectacular. But overall, the atmosphere was stale and the food was ok.

This weekend includes, hopefully a beach visit, babysitting, breakfast with Jenn and a little shopping. Sounds like a good weekend. let's hope it gets warm enough to actually GO to the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment