Friday, July 31, 2009

I confess, I'm a slacker

This week has been a tough one. I've been busy but I have no idea with what. I have nothing to report. Last night I met Jenn Taylor out for a few drinks. It was so fantastic to catch up with her, I wish we did that more often, she's so great.

This weekend we have big plans. One of our ideas was to slightly renovate our master bathroom. Which really means scrape the popcorn off the ceiling, remove the wallpaper, replace the vanity, lighting and mirror and paint. So we have been looking at vanities, calling contractors and suddenly we found a guy we like and whose price is right. We're thinking of even adding on a few other minor projects to this as well! So he's ready when we are. So this weekend we are going to order the vanity, mirror and vanity top, find some lights and paint and towel bars. Our bathroom is currently wicker stuff that has mold and soap scum in it. We are going with something a little more boring, but hopefully will look clean for a long time. We are not replacing our goldenrod shower. it is incredibly easy to clean and while the color is very early-80s, with a nice shower curtain, we can hopefully hide most of it.


We also have tickets to a Rock Cats game and I have dinner plans with my high school best friend who I haven't talked to in about 7 years. Facebook brought us together. It will be interesting to see how she's been, as it has to check in with others on facebook. Who's married? who has kids? who gained weight? who is married to someone else I know? It's neat to see. I've been so out of touch with the town I grew up in (parents moved from it a year after I moved from it) it's neat to find out where everyone is.


So wish me luck for Saturday. There is probably a trip to Home Depot and/or Lowes... hopefully we don't get into a fight. Trips to big box hardware stores tend to do that.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing some of your experience and wisdom.by Andy and FSN

    ReplyDelete