Thursday, June 11, 2009

So I did it... and my resolution updates

I joined facebook. Yep, I did. And I've got friends! But I don't really get it. I am so excited about being on facebook- I want to check it all the time, but after checking it, I sort of sit there and think- ok, now what... So I'm out there, for people to find me. The strange part is, I've found some people on facebook that I forgot about and some people that I've had weird falling-outs so I'm not sure if I attempt to 'friend' them, or just let them be. In my pre-facebook life I've wondered about those who I've fallen out of touch with. But assigning them a 'friend' title could be a big step. At least if people choose NOT to friend you, you don't get an email saying 'you're a loser'. that's pleasant.

So you might be wondering how I'm doing with my resolutions? Yes, I'm sure you are... and I must say, I'm quite proud of myself. Last week I was successful at meeting most of my resolutions! I ran 3 times, went to yoga 1 time and was active 6 days (including the Race for the Cure 5k). I read less, attended the farmers market, spent some time with friends and came home most days after work to drink beer... er, I mean, tend to the garden. I think I've been rather successful at my summertime resolutions. Except for that darn Wednesday night running group. Yeahhh, about that... I haven't run with the running group...

There is a bit of intimidation of this running group, especially since the mileage is 3-5 miles per run and I'm hardly making it 3 miles. I need to build up my endurance and my confidence in order to run with this group. I want to do it and I think in another week or two that confidence and endurance will come through, but I'm not quite there yet. And it is a BIG confidence smusher when you head out with a group and within the first few minutes you are left in the dust by your fellow runners.

I am considering joining a group that trains to run a 10k. It starts in a few weeks and the training is 2-3 times on your own, then a group/long run on Saturday mornings at 8am. I'm pretty sure I would not complete this challenge if attempted on my own but with a running group- perhaps... and 6.2 miles isn't too long. Those starting this program should be able to run 2-3 miles currently (hey, that's where I'm at). So I'm thinking about doing that. If anyone is interested in doing it with me, PLEASE speak up!

No comments:

Post a Comment