Tuesday, June 2, 2009

How quickly I fall


So, I bailed on the Wednesday night run. Yup. I did. I suck. I know. I can tell you all my excuses and rationalizations but it doesn't make up for the fact that I bailed.

Here are my excuses:
- I will be volunteering all day, painting, landscaping, physical labor
- The end of a day like that SHOULD be rewarded with a beer or two
- Weather.com is predicting thunder storms
- I couldn't run 3 miles over the weekend, how am I supposed to handle 3-5 at the pace of the 'running group'
- At the end of last year, when I was running a bit more I was by far the slowest of the running group, i'd just hold them up

I will, however, wake up at 5 and go to the gym. I will run/walk for 35 minutes, as I did Monday, at various intervals which resulted in 3.16 miles.

Yesterday I succeeded in some more resolutions- I WALKED to meet up with FRIENDS. I RELAXED with my FRIENDS. I TENDED to the plants (they look great) and I HARDLY READ. Aside from the running group, I think I'm doing ok.

Day two, doing ok. keep it up, Sparkie. You've got a long way to go.

2 comments: