Sunday, June 7, 2009

Garden Tour

This weekend was amazing! I did the Race for the Cure and ran into an old friend who just so happens to work with Dave, closely. Strange how small the world is. Then we went to the Greek Festival for yummy Lunch, then babysat for Luke, then enjoyed pizza and beer with Luke's parents and their friends. Today, I slept in, relaxed and enjoyed our yard from the hammock and cut some flowers. Oh my. So I thought I'd give you a brief garden tour:

Here is our backyard (with the deck) and side yard (rose bushes):




And here are some roses and peonies from the beautiful garden. Eventually I will have hydrangeas and black eyed susans and cone flowers.






And this is my Square Foot Garden:

So in our garden is Broccoli, onions, lettuce, sugar snap peas, carrots and tomatoes. To be added are Squash, cucumbers, eggplants, bell peppers, jalepeno and strawberries. It is SO COOL to see them growing. I just hope I don't kill them.

I wish there was a way to show you everything. The pictures just don't really show what the yard is really like. I wish I could tell the former owners of our home that they did such an amazing job creating the most beautiful yard ever. I am so fortunate to have the time to enjoy it.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Colleen! You are so lucky to have such a nice place for R&R. Ahhhh!

    KB

    ReplyDelete