Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas!


So Christmas began yesterday
with a celebration with my brother, sister-in-law and the munchkins. I missed the comment from the little Bug who was looking out the window saying she thought she saw a red nose in the sky. How adorable! Presents were opened, little munchkins were thrilled, excited, tired and then sleeping. And my brother was close behind them. I can understand though. The Christmas build-up every year seems longer and longer. I'm not surprised if Christmas parties occur in late November anymore. It's just madness. But as I sit here at work, brimming with excitement for christmas number 2 of 4 to be celebrated this afternoon with my dear husband I wonder why I didn't take this day off? Who the hell can work on Christmas eve? Who SHOULD work on Christmas eve? But can I sit here and totally screw off until 11:30 or so when I can comfortably leave earlier than our normal early departure? I gave my assistant some work to do this morning and she, with her Christmas Carols playing loudly, yelled (yes, shouted) at me to stop giving her work, don't I know it's Christmas eve? I know she was joking... sort of. Seriously, who the hell can work on Christmas eve? Who SHOULD work on Christmas eve? Tonight Santa comes. And holy moley, that is SO fun. There are presents under the tree (mostly mine b/c my sweetie doesnt' wrap until the last day) and they are ready to be opened. I am ready to open them. I even let sweetie open a present this morning...

Merry Christmas everyone!

1 comment:

  1. This post made me so happy.
    Merry Christmas, enjoy your celebrations and I look forward to hanging out.
    X

    ReplyDelete