Thursday, September 18, 2008

Taking a Poll

Blogging or Facebook- which is better?

I have been thinking about joining facebook. I am not sure what I will do while on it, but the 'con' is I can't access it from work. And I just don't see myself checking in very often at home. But I can't help but wonder if that would increase my contact with far-away friends and learn what they're up to on a more regular basis.

Funny when you talk to someone and it's been a long time since the last time you chatted. I find myself having nothing to say - 'so what's been up?' 'oh, nothing much' But if I talked to people regularly, I'm sure I'd have WAY more stuff to talk about...

How about that the house in our neighborhood caught on fire last night! Ok, well there were no flames coming from windows or anything, but 5 firetrucks, about 30 firefighters, 2 hydrants tapped and the ladder truck was used. The firefighter on the ladder broke open a top floor window and smoke came pouring out. then they put a big red fan (why is all fire fighter stuff red?) and the smoke poured out. No one was hurt, lots of neighbors standing around looking (at 10:30 pm I met a new neighbor!) and lots of sirens, lights and hoses. Very very exciting. But I have to admit, if a friend called from long distance, and they asked 'what's up' that story probably wouldn't be what I mention. weird.

So does anyone read my blog? Would facebook be a better option? I just don't know. But if anyone has an opinion about that, please send a note. I'm curious.

Tally ho!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Colleen,
    I heard from Kimbot that you will be visiting soon ~I love facebook but if you can't access it from work that ruins the fun!
    I promise to try to check your blog more often.

    ReplyDelete