Friday, July 11, 2008

Full week back...

Wow, my first full week back at work and it felt so long (5 whole days! How does anyone do it?!). Our cabinets are rescheduled to be installed tomorrow so hopefully our contractor will remember to come and disconnect our current counters/sink. He'll come back on Monday to attach/install the remaining items and then WE'RE DONE (I hope). This has been an amazingly stressful process and I'm thrilled to be done.

Yesterday was our House-aversary which was cute, eating on plastic plates and we cheersed our plastic cups too. Amazing it has been a year. And with the kitchen, wow, it looks so different. (picts soon).

I finished Belong to Me by Marisa De Los Santos last night. It was interesting and a little rough. The preceeding story called Love Walked In was beautifully written, hopeful and bright, just a wonderful story about how love exist in ways you might not have imagined. It was so amazing and in all my readings, I haven't re-read any book except that one. It was just as beautiful the second time. But Belong to Me was harsh- there were some ugly characters, some meanness and perhaps a bit too cold. I didn't love the characters like I did in Love Walked In. While some were the same, in Belong to Me the people were dislikable at times and I didn't like that. I would WILDLY recommend Love Walked In. Not sure I'd recommend Belong to Me, but happy I read it, even though it disappointed me. Now I'm on to Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver.

Meeting up with Diana and Scott and their little baby Isabelle tomorrow night in New Haven. They live in NYC and am so excited to get to spend some time with them. Maybe we'll bring our camera to take picts of little Izzy. Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment